WHEN: July 24-28 and July 31- Aug 4 (2 weeks)
TUITION for Peace, Love and the Beatles Summer Camp 2017
- $365 for 1 wk / $695 for 2wks
- Ages 4-6 and 7-12
- Rock Band for ages 9+ Must have experience/private lessons on instrument
LAST DAY SHOW?
- Sharing is on August 4th @11:00am (no aftercare available)
- Rock Band Camp Sharing is Aug 4th @11:30am
WHAT'S HAPPENING IN CAMP?
- Master instrument builder Martin Espino will be joining us again! He uses all green materials to build instruments- (no plastic!) and brings his vast knowledge of Native Americans and Mexican heritage
- Drumming, drumming and yes, more drumming! We will be incorporating our Orff philosophy to teach rhythm skills and rhythm writing skills with music from India, Africa and of course the Beatles
- Move it! Or lose it…yes, our campers will be moving and grooving to a wide variety of music. Some call it dance, some call it the physical expression of one's soul. You choose!
- Sing with Ukulele- All campers will get the chance to work on vocal skills while playing baritone ukuleles
- Music Fundamentals Class/Drum Circle- All ages- will have drum circle as well as get "hands on" experience with keyboard, baritone ukulele, xylophones, and glockenspiels while learning to develop more essential skills as musicians.
WHAT IS A TYPICAL DAY AT CAMP?
- 9-9:15 Gathering time
- 9:15-10:15 Ages 4-6 Music Fundamentals Class Ages 7-12 Instrument Building
- 10:15-10:30 SNACK
- 10:30-11:30 switch classes
- 11:30-12:00 All campers Drum Circle
- 12:15-1:15 LUNCH green space at ER Elementary School side yard
- 1:30-2:10 Ages 4-6 Movement Class, 7-12 Singing and Ukulels
- 2:10-2:50 Ages 4-6 Singing and Ukuleles, 7-12 Movement Class
- 2:50-3:00 Gather for pickup
- *Order and content of the day is subject to change depending upon the campers
- FRIDAY Aug 4th- 11:00am SHARING @Bloom- family and friends invited
WHAT IS A TYPICAL DAY for ROCK BAND AT CAMP?
- 9am-9:15 Gather and sketch
- 9:15-10:30 morning rehearsal
- 10:30 snack break
- 10:45-11:15- sectionals individual instruction
- 11:15-noon mid day rehearsal
- noon - 1 – LUNCH green space at ER Elementary School side
- 1-2 composition/songwriting
- 2-3 afternoon rehearsal
- FRIDAY: Aug 4th, 11:30 performance! @ Bloom